Differences and Similarities

   In Brisbane, Ive been meeting a lot of many new things, each of them are sometimes interesting and also surprising. Today I'm going to write about similarity and difference Ive found in here.

  The difference Ive noticed at first is that a lot of people who live here don't care about evaluation from others, which means they don't think others are criticizing or evaluating about them. In fact, some people care about others' evaluation but the rate people don't care about that is even higher than Japanese. For example, when I went to the south bank beach, I could see a lot of people who are tanning alone or kissing with girlfriend or boyfriend in front of people, moreover, they do that even in the middle of city. And also they don't take a picture often. I was so surprised about this because in Japan almost all people visited such a nice place take a lot of picture to show off their happiness or love with someone to the their friends. But in here they were just enjoying the nice place and spending a good time themselves. They are not looking for nice guy or lady in such a place except in nightclub. So I felt here is really calm and relaxed and stress-free place, I love here.

   The similarities I've found is that people use quite similar way of joking or making fun of someone. This is the one of my things that I wanted to know. I think I'm natively talkative and actually I like taking with everyone, I always use joke and make fun of someone in conversation, I was born that way. So before I go to the study abroad, I wanted to try using same way of talking with people from various countries, and I wanted to check if it works or not. So when I realized native Australian and people from any other countries are using quite similar way of talking and joking through the conversation with them, I was really happy. So now Im feeling the more I get the vocabulary and the phrases, the more I can enjoy talking with them.

  I haven't experienced big cultural differences yet, I think I've been only looking at just the surface of Australia. To know about more detail about here and cultural differences, I should be more active. I will try doing whatever new things!    

 

 

コメント

  1. Thanks for sharing, Masa. I'm glad you can communicate in the same, natural way here in Australia as you can in Japan. Good luck with exploring the culture more! Henno

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Travel to Cairns

Introspection